Have you ever thought you might want to help out a BIT within our community but not sure who to contact or what help is needed? We can always use more people who can help out “a bit”. We need volunteers who can help with many different things and a variety of different time commitments. We need someone or multiple people to help with the following:
• coordinate hall rentals (time varies depending on availability and requests)
• retrieve the phone messages from our phone at the community hall, we will train you, done from the comfort of your home. Time commitment - 2x/week, approximately 5-8 minutes.
• invoicing for newsletter ads (we will train you). Time Commitment - 4x/year. Approx. 1 hour each time period.
• someone with web experience - updating/posting to the website.
• members to sit on the Social Committee & Recreation Committee. Time Commitment - meetings 4x per year for 1.5 hrs each. Events - you choose what you want to support.
• The Civics Committee is looking for people with an interest in developments taking place in our community, following city policy, and making sure our community has representation on local developments.
• to assist with delivery of membership cards.
• someone to take on an administrative role on our Communications Team. This would include overseeing the volunteers who create the newsletter, answer the phone, update the sign board and oversee the website. You will not be required to DO those, but make sure our other volunteers have support and organization. Training and support will be provided.
• We will have our casino in the new year, and we are always looking for volunteers. Please let us know if you think you can help out in a different way too.
If you are interested in volunteering please contact Arlene at firstname.lastname@example.org.